Read about all my adventures on the other side of the world (a.k.a. Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR). September 2005 to May 2005.

Friday, October 21, 2005

An ode to my lover

I believe I've mentioned that my favourite snack here are the buns sold at cake stores. For less than 40 cents, you can buy buns filled with various things - be it bbq pork, ham and cheese, or coconut. I love them so much. And when Mau loves something, and is bored in class, it results in a poem expressing her love!

My ode to buns

A little piece of bread ain't nothin' great.
Or so I thought when I came to HK.
A friend invited me to the bread shop and I took the bait.
Now it's all they can do to keep me at bay.
Beef buns, cheese buns, coconut and ham,
I greedily gobble all with glee.
When that sweet bread hits my 'buds with a wham,
I know that it's the snack for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody is wasting their money on your education, are they??? LOL.

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mau, I am glad to see that your time writing in Vancouver was not wasted!
Well...at least the buns are tasty!

Cheers,
Paula

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home