Read about all my adventures on the other side of the world (a.k.a. Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR). September 2005 to May 2005.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Grocery bill

For amusement, I've listed my grocery bill below. All prices shown are in Canadian dollars.

  • 20 rolls of toilet paper - $3.80 (the cheapest available)
  • A dozen eggs - $2.79 (not the cheapest ones either)
  • 1.5 pounds of frozen chicken - $2.94
  • 3 cobs of corn - $1.31
  • A loaf of whole wheat bread - $1.34
  • 1 litre of milk - $2.49 (frickin' expensive no matter where you buy it)
  • 6 bananas - $0.91
  • 4 cups of yogurt - $3.48 (not the cheapest)

Therefore my grand total for groceries was only around $19CAD. If I were to buy veggies, it would still be cheap - the only reason my bill was this high was cause of the bread and milk products.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

**DROOL** Nice grocery bill. You wouldn't want to see mine!! For a family of three, I average $750/mo. No frills. Doesn't include cleaning supplies and junk food. OH well....guess we will have to move to Hong Kong :)

9:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Maureen

I am fine. I used to leave message in u blog too. I am so happy u really enjoy ur life in HK.
Right now I am doing my master in MUN, pretty interesting.
R u learnign madarine? ho ho , hope someday u can undstand my post . haha

kelvin

12:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home