Read about all my adventures on the other side of the world (a.k.a. Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR). September 2005 to May 2005.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Another one bites the dust

Well, I bade the last of my first term friends goodbye last night. Antonette caught her flight back to the US this morning at 8:45am. But once again, it's not a goodbye... It's a "see you later."

We did manage to squeeze in some last minute fun though. She invited us over to her old flat for some hot pot. For those of you who don't know what hot pot is, it's a traditional chinese deal where you boil a pot of broth, toss in a gazillion random bits of food (e.g. mushrooms, meat, dumplings, etc.) and then grab as you want. I have to admit, the concept of hot pot seems very inefficient to me. It took forever to cook the food and so on. Later on, Peggy explained why people want to do hot pot at all (it's mainly popular among people who don't have access to cooking facilities, like students.)

Nonetheless, it was fun! I got to meet more people and they were amused by my complete lack of knowledge about hot pot. We had a blast just yapping away about everything and mocking Antonette's name. (Most students have a hard time pronouncing it, until they're told that's it's kinda like "Internet.")

Therefore the evening was a lot more productive than my afternoon. I just wasted time playing on the computer and then taking a short walk down to Residences 10 and 11 - the apartments further down from I-house. In my entire first term, I never walked further than I-house... And now that I have, I don't intend to again. Walking down meant having to walk back up later. Not cool when you're tired.

So that's that. I already feel bereft without my buddies... Not that I need to do anything today - but it's not a happy feeling knowing I can't just call 'em up and say, "Wanna hit up Mong Kok" or something similar. :( And although I've met a lot of new students, I'm not comfortable yet calling them up (not that I have their numbers). Oh well, maybe this will mean I'll do homework this term. *snicker*

P.S.
As for my night out to Lan Kwai Fong, my story sounds more impressive than it actually was. After leaving Edge, we didn't have another drink until about 6am. So I was in quite fine shape for breakfast. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home