Read about all my adventures on the other side of the world (a.k.a. Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR). September 2005 to May 2005.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year's from the future

I'm currently living in 2006. You are still in 2005. Mwahahahaaa. Time zones amuse me.

I didn't do much for New Year's eve. Antonette and I went out and got mulletized by a local hair salon. (I distinctly remember telling my stylist that I only wanted about 2 inches off all of my layers. I did NOT mention a single thing about half my hair, weird angles, or mullitization.) We wandered around Mong Kok and got a suitcase for her to finish packing with.

We then fled home whereupon we watched movies and stayed up to watch the countdown on TV. (Well, at least she could understand the countdown, I just watched the crowds and pretended to understand the Cantonese commentary.)

It's now 1:00am here and I'm exhausted. I kicked Antonette out and am going to crash now. Enjoy your New Year's!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Happy New Year Mau!!

I hear ya on the timezone thing...last year I was 16 hours ahead of everyone! :P

*hugs*
Jill

4:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, dahling!! Finally had a chance to catch up on blog reading. Had me lol a few instances. Can't wait to check out all the pics. Cara, her friend and I went sliding with the McCombs on New Year's Eve. Sang karaoke and had a couple of drinks and smores. Three of us went home and played a game. Nice night. Love the expeditions. Take care and love ya.

12:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little things amuse small minds! LOL

12:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home