Read about all my adventures on the other side of the world (a.k.a. Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR). September 2005 to May 2005.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ni hao!

I'm sure lots has happened since I last posted, but for the life of me, I can't remember what went on!

Anyways, happy news is that I'm done my Israel/Palestine paper - you know, the one that got deleted? I'm not saying that it was done well - it's just done. Period. I feel happy about that. I pretty much cloistered myself this weekend in an attempt to get it done, and it paid off.

This weekend we had a potluck dinner at our apartment. Since Peggy's friend Pan was leaving to return to Taiwan, it was kinda a going away party. Before the dinner though, Peggy, Antonette and I went to Shatin to buy ingredients. Citysuper makes me weep. 3 items for $100HKD. Gah! Curse me and my salsa dependency! Anyways, Shatin has their Christmas display up. Apparently x-mas here involves butterflies. Look! I grew wings!

For dinner, we all cooked different dishes. Peggy and I collaborated and she taught me how to cook Sweet & Sour Pork (FROM SCRATCH!) and Spicy Tofu. Soooo delicious! Other dishes of the evening included chocolate banana cake, cooked in the microwave, something with spam courtesy of the American in our group, and pig's feet. Mmm. The latter were really tasty, but super fatty. It was a lot of fun!

Yesterday I cooked Peggy, Wenli, and Renee dinner. Mmm. Honey ginger chicken kicks ass no matter what country I cook it in. I also tried to make macaroons, but they aren't hardening properly, and they're still sticky. I'm kinda disturbed by them. We ended up watching the movie, Mean Girls, after the food. It was fun, but I felt bad because I couldn't find subtitles that would work on the file, so Peggy and Renee were pretty much lost throughout the entire movie.

And yay! HSBC phoned me and finally gave back my $1300! Yay!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is HSBC and why did they have your money? Lovely wings. You are turning out to be quite the chef!! Finally got the tree decorated last night. The spider pic freaked me out. Another example of "YIKES"!!!!!

8:53 PM

 
Blogger Maureen said...

HSBC is the bank who's ATM I used last week. It ate $1300HKD of my money and I finally got it back. Mau lives in happy land.

I love that wing picture. It's so "hao ke ai la!" (So adorable!)

11:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you put the macaroons in the fridge to cool - that's the hardening process. If you left them on counter they would stay soft. At home we left them on counter but you know what our room temperature was.

Beautiful kookoo minakayshees!!!
Love Lama

12:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home