Read about all my adventures on the other side of the world (a.k.a. Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR). September 2005 to May 2005.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Krikey!

Holy shit! Only 23 days till I come home! And 5 of those days will be spent in Shanghai. Crap! Only 18 days left in Hong Kong itself! *weeps* So much to do... Okay, I'm seriously blown away by the time remaining!

How come whenever I'm walking around on campus/in the city, I keep thinking of things I should write down in here, but when I finally get to my computer, I can't remember anything?

Spring/Summer/Hot season has officially come to Hong Kong. I've had to start turning on my fan during the day and keep it on at night. The humidity hasn't been that bad, but it's definitely warm enough that you can feel it. Right now according to the Weather Network (which I've already declared I don't believe in anymore) says it's a humidex of 37 degrees. Another sign that summer is here is the animal life. You can hear the bugs again, see the tiny mosquitos seeking out victims, and spiders are crawling out of your sink drains.

Speaking of wildlife, I feel bad for a bird living near the I-House. The poor thing is the last of its kind. Either that or it's so damned irritating none of the female birds will help get it laid. I suspect the latter. Seriously, there's a bird living nearby that has a really loud birdcall that sounds like a catcall (no pun/irony intended). It starts its mating call around 7pm and doesn't shut up till about 2-3am.

It only took me 8 months to do it, but I've finally turned into what I hate. CUHK has a series of shuttle buses to help students move up and down the mountain faster. Each shuttle has two doors and you can embark/disembark from either/both. Students will usually board the bus by both doors, but when the first half of the line has gone into the bus via the first door, there's a big gap while everyone continues boarding by the second door. It drives me up the wall when people who weren't waiting in line arrive from the opposite direction and immediately board via the front door. It happens quite often. Well, today was Mau's turn. I was 75% about to go to the back of the line like a good girl when I finally cracked. I'm happy I did though - I got a chair (I had just bought groceries) - about 5 other people also boarded right after me. So that's it. I've turned into my worst nightmare.

Today was my last Mandarin lesson. That kind of blew me away. I had forgotten we don't have class on Wednesday - it's the Ching Ming Festival instead. Apparently that's the day Chinese people use to worship their ancestors. Yay no class. And my Politics class on Thursday is also cancelled because my prof has a conference... So I effectively only have one day of classes this week. Yay! Wow! Today was that day. Woot!

I watched the movie "The Promise" last night - it's being brought to North America - check out the trailer here! It was generic Chinese fluff - people leaping over buildings while fighting with swords, love triangles, people running faster than speeding bullets, etc. And I loved every second of it! I think a large part of my like had to do with the fact that Nicholas Tse played in it. I wanna have his babies. Everytime he came on screen (even though he played a bad guy), I squealed with delight. :)

I guess that's all I have to say for now. Tomorrow I'm going to try to go to get my chinese visa (my multiple entry one expired last month) and run some errands. Zaijian la!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOAA!!! Wait a minute...teaching kids and calling them cute...wanting to have some guys babies?????? What the hell is in the water over there????? Where is my sister and what have you done to her?

8:50 PM

 
Blogger Maureen said...

I don't necessarily want babies. I just want to go through the baby-making process with Tse Ting-Fung. :)

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home